Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
Dried noodles are syn free on Slimming World and I love a stir-fry dish so this is one of my favourite meals. You can pack it with lots of speedy vegetables and enjoy the whole dish, syn free.
You can change the meat for pork, beef or even prawns if you’re not a fan of chicken.
If you want to use fresh ginger instead of ground, you’ll need about a tablespoon peeled and grated. We don’t use ginger often enough to buy it fresh so we always use ground.
- Egg Noodles for 2 servings
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 small red and yellow pepper, sliced
- Small head of broccoli cut into florets
- 150g mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 120ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Boil the noodles according to the packet instructions
- Meanwhile, in a large wok, spray with the low-calorie cooking spray and fry the chicken until cooked.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Spray pan again and fry the peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and onions until soft. Add the ginger and mix.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken stock, soy sauce and tomato puree.
- Add the chicken and noodles to the wok then our over the soy sauce mixture.
- Stir-fry for 3 more minutes then serve.
For more recipes, Slimming World friendly and not so SW friendly! click here