Creamy Potato Salad
BBQ season is coming up so I thought I’d share some Slimming World recipes. This potato salad side dish is one of my favourite things to have at a BBQ instead of bread.
This potato salad is best if fresh herbs are used. If you don’t have any, like us, you can substitute for dried. We used 1 dessert spoon of mint and parsley but it was a bit over-powering so I’d suggest just using a teaspoon and adding more if needed!
When we finally get the garden done, we’ll have all the fresh herbs we need as Ant’s planning his very own herb garden next to the barbeque area 🙂
- 500g Jersey Royals
- 3 tbsp warm vegetable stock
- 2 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and halve them then put them in a bowl and pour over the stock.
- Toss well and leave to cool - the potatoes will soak up some of the stock while they're still warm.
- Mix the mayo and yogurt in a bowl then stir in the herbs and spring onions.
- Season to taste.
- Add to the potatoes and fold everything together.
Serve with lots of speedy salad and your favourite BBQ meats. We love making our own burgers and I’ll be sharing a recipe for syn free burgers tomorrow 🙂
Click here for more recipes