Black Forest Pots – Slimming World Recipe
Black Forest Pots
We don’t make many Slimming World desserts. I tend to stick to fruit and yogurt for something sweet after meals, but I decided I wanted a change.
So here’s a recipe from the Slimming App for those of you love black cherries, which in our house is the super wonderful husband. His eyes lit up when he was unpacking the shopping and he came across the tin of cherries!
He drained the juice and drank it down. No one else got a look in (not that I wanted any, I’m not a big fan of cherries!).
- 40g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3 level tbsp sweetener
- 300g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 425g can pitted black cherries in juice, 260g drained
- 1 level tsp cocoa powder, to dust
- Melt the chocolate in a large, heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (or in a microwave on low for 30 seconds).
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly at room temperature.
- Put the egg whites in a large, clean glass bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk on a medium speed until they form stiff peaks.
- Put the egg yolks and 2 tbsp sweetener in a separate bowl.
- Whisk until smooth, then stir this into the melted chocolate.
- Using a metal spoon, carefully fold in the egg whites until well combined.
- Spoon into 4 freezerproof dishes and freeze for 1-2 hours, or until just set.
- Just before serving, put the fromage frais, vanilla extract and remaining sweetener in a bowl and beat until well combined.
- Spoon over the mousse, top with the cherries and dust with the cocoa powder.
TIP - Pregnant women, the elderly and babies should never not eat raw or partially cooked eggs.
Keep in mind you need to freeze the mousse for 1-2 hours so it will need making ahead of time.
You can find more recipes here