Slimming World Burgers
I posted a recipe yesterday for creamy potato salad. It goes perfectly with these best ever Slimming World burgers and saves you using your healthy extra or 6 syns on a wholemeal bread roll 🙂
You can find both recipes in the new Little Book Of Barbeque. It can be bought from the shop in your group for £3.95
The recipe says to use 5% fat beef but you can use 5% fat minced pork if you prefer. We used pork because I forgot to defrost the beef!
Ella loved getting her hands in the mixture and squishing it all around but when she’d finished, we put it in the stand mixer and used the beater to get a better texture on the burgers.
- 1 onion, grated
- 500g lean beef (5% fat or less)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- low-calorie cooking spray
- For the Gherkin Mayo
- 4 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 2 level tbsp tomato ketchup
- 8 cornichons or cocktail gherkins, drained and roughly chopped
- Put the grated onion, beef, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder into a bowl and season to taste
- Mix well using clean hands (or a spoon if you don't want to get your hands messy), divide into 4 portions and shape into thick burgers. Chill for at least 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, light the BBQ for direct medium heat
- To make the gherkin mayo, mix the mayonnaise and ketchup together in a small bowl. Stir in most of the gherkins and scatter the rest over the top. Chill until needed
- Spray the burgers and sliced onion with low-calorie cooking spray and barbeque for 15 minutes or until tender and cooked through, turning once.
- Cook under a high grill if you're not using the barbeque.
For more recipes, click here