Ultimate Chicken Casserole
We love easy one pot meals and this ultimate chicken casserole is very tasty! If you’re doing a Slimming World Extra Easy SP day this is an excellent recipe. A big bowl of mashed potatoes goes well with this casserole if you’re doing a regular Extra Easy day 🙂
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 800g skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 400g carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 700ml boiling chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 200g green beans, halved
- Spray a large non-stick lidded casserole dish with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken pieces and lightly brown on all sides.
- Add the onions, carrots, garlic bulb and stock. Season to taste and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover tightly and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the green beans and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Discard the garlic bulb and serve hot.
Next week I’ll be sharing Ant’s Slimming World friendly sausage and bean casserole. We often use Tesco Healthy Living Cumberland sausages which are only 1 syn each and taste great. We also use Asda’s frozen reduced fat pork sausages which are only half a syn for 2! They’re great perfect for using in casseroles.
Future recipes will include a non Slimming World friendly, caramel, chocolate and Baileys trifle!