Pizza Topped Chicken
I love chicken and I love pizza so for me, this is a perfect combination!
Syn free if using the cheese as a healthy extra. If not, add 6 syns.
- Half a small onion, finely chopped
- Finely chopped red pepper (half of a small one)
- Small clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp stock
- 2 vine tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- Tinned tomatoes – 1 tbsp
- Tomato puree – 1 tbsp
- Mixed Italian herbs – 1 tsp
- Chicken breast
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 30g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cherry tomato – halved
- Place the onion, pepper and garlic in a small saucepan with the stock and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the vine tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and mixed Italian herbs.
- Slice the chicken breast in half, making sure you don’t cut all the way through then open up like a butterfly.
- Spray a frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and lightly fry the chicken on both sides to brown .
- Place the chicken on a non-stick baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes 220ºC/200°C Fan/Gas 7
- When the chicken is cooked, place the tomato mixture on the chicken, sprinkle on the cheese and add the cherry tomato. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Slimming World chips and a speedy salad.