Slow Cooked BBQ Gammon
We’re all fans of gammon and BBQ sauce in this house. Everyone was quite excited when we said we were going to make a slow cooked BBQ gammon for dinner.
This is very similar to the BBQ pulled pork recipe I posted last week. We love using the slow cooker at this time of year.
It’s syn free on Extra Easy.
- 1.2kg boneless gammon joint, all fat removed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 peppers (green, yellow and red), diced
- 1 carton of passata
- tomato puree – 4 tbsp
- ground cinnamon – 1 tsp
- ground ginger – 1 tsp
- mustard powder – tsp
- smoked paprika – 2 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce – 6 tbsp
- balsamic vinegar – 6 tbsp
- soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- granulated sweetener – 2 tbsp
- Place the gammon in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and boil for 12 minutes.
- Tip the water away then repeat twice more with fresh water. This removes the salt from the gammon.
- Place the chopped onions and peppers in the bottom of the slow cooker then put the gammon on top of the vegetables.
- In a jug, mix together all the other ingredients then pour them over the gammon.
- Cook on medium for 5-6 hours.
- Serve with your favourite speed vegetables.