Slimming World Syn Free Iced Tea Recipe

Syn Free Iced Tea

Slimming World Syn Free Iced Tea
I’ve been looking for an alternative to diet coke now the weather’s getting warmer. Even though diet fizzy drinks are free on Slimming World, everyone knows drinking too many carbonated drinks is not good for you.
I’m not really a fan of squashes and fruit juices have to be synned so I decided to try making some syn free iced tea. I haven’t had it for years, since I went to America in fact and that was, errmmm, oh my gosh, 20 years ago!
Slimming World Syn Free Iced Tea
So here’s how I made my iced tea.
You will need:
3-4 tea bags. Regular or flavoured, it’s up to you. I used orange, peach and vanilla flavour.
Water
Ice cubes
Granulated sweetener

Put the teabags in a jug (I used a 1.5L jug) and fill it with cold water.
Leave in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, add sweetener to taste and serve over ice 🙂

Slimming World Syn Free Iced Tea
If you use regular tea bags, you could cut up some lemons or other fruits of your choice and put them in the jug with the teabags before adding the cold water.
If you make the tea using regular tea bags, you can also use it instead of water to dilute squash (sugar free squash of course!).

1. Viccy Howe

23rd June 2014 at 9:49 am

This looks delish and refreshing! I always find it difficult to know what to drink on hot days when I want something more than just water, and this looks perfect.

2. Kate Thompson

23rd June 2014 at 9:57 am

That's interesting, I always assumed you made regular tea with hot water and let it cool then iced it. This is a great idea.

1. shelllouise

23rd June 2014 at 10:08 am

I read somewhere that doing it this way can stop the bitter after taste you sometimes get when it's been boiled and cooled.

3. Jen Walshaw

23rd June 2014 at 3:47 pm

I love, love, love ice tea and yes cold brewing stops the tannins being released which can make it bitter. You can brew warm which will make it stronger, just make you you don't over steep

4. Mina Joshi

23rd June 2014 at 4:58 pm

I have never tried ice tea. Now that it's summer they sound refreshing so I will try your recipe soon.

5. Michelle Ordever

23rd June 2014 at 5:06 pm

We LOOOOOOVE ice tea – it's all we drink in the States! We brought back some ice-tea tea bags last year, will have to pick more up – although, we have made ice tea with flavoured tea bags and fruit before – lush! x

6. Louisa

23rd June 2014 at 6:47 pm

I'm not a big drinker of fizzy pop so iced tea sounds a wonderful alternative. Thanks for this post because I had no idea how to make it, my son has just been putting ice cubes in his pg tips!

7. pinkoddy

23rd June 2014 at 7:37 pm

I''m glad you found a cool alternative – up until this year I hated water but doing much better at drinking it now – I shall try this.

8. Mums do travel

23rd June 2014 at 7:58 pm

I've never had iced tea but it looks like a great alternative to fizzy drinks. What did it taste like when you made it? Did your kids like it?

1. shelllouise

23rd June 2014 at 8:19 pm

Aiden loved it but the girls weren't too keen. We're going to try lemon iced tea next with regular tea bags and some fresh lemons 🙂

9. Zena Goldman

23rd June 2014 at 8:15 pm

I think you do need a drink you'll enjoy. Waters fine, but something with a bit of flavour is more satisfying. This sounds great

10. Globalmouse

23rd June 2014 at 9:35 pm

I've never tried iced tea but I'd really like to – looks perfect for the summer!

11. Cass@TheDiaryofaFrugalFamily

23rd June 2014 at 9:47 pm

I've never tried iced tea before but this looks delicious.

12. Sarah-Louise Bailey

23rd June 2014 at 11:19 pm

I have never tried ice tea and never really fancied it to be honest until I read this post – I really fancy giving it a try now. x

13. You Baby Me Mummy

24th June 2014 at 6:21 am

I love tea! but have never tried iced tea, but this does look refreshing x

14. Keri-Anne

24th June 2014 at 12:07 pm

What a perfect tea for summer! I really want to try this 🙂 x

15. Aisha from expatlog

24th June 2014 at 5:04 pm

Very cooling. Just like the States, it's big here in Canada too.

16. Rachel

24th June 2014 at 9:28 pm

I don't think I've ever tried iced tea – but this sounds nice – and slimming world recipes are always great!

17. Rebecca Smith

27th June 2014 at 11:38 am

Can't beat iced tea in this weather – plus a slimming world recipe makes it even better!