I've not spent as much time in Nanny's garden this week because I had the kids home at the weekend and I had to get the end of year figures done for our tax returns.
I can tell I've not had had as much exercise because I've felt sluggish and tired a lot this week. Turns out exercise actually makes you feel better, who knew?!
Anyway, back to the garden, last week I started laying the edging stones but then realised that the path wasn't level and 2 of the paving slabs needed lifting and leveling. Ant lifted them and I used the rake to break up the rubble underneath. Ant helped to get it level then we laid the slabs back down again.
I finally got the edging stone down last Friday and that was more of a nightmare than I thought it was going to be! I used the spirit level to get the first stone level then carried on working from that stone and half way down we found that even though it looked it, the path wasn't totally level and the edging stones looked like they were sloping down. I had to abandon the spirit level and just make it look level with the path.
Ant has to cut one last stone to finish off the side near the door which he's going to do today. I got the weed matting down and covered it with stones.
It looks so much neater is now ready for Nanny to fill with plants when she's ready :)
While I've been here crunching numbers, Ant finished the loft and offered to do the edging stones on the pot area. I jumped at his offer because I was dreading trying to get it square and the stones all level!
The SWH (super wonderful husband) did a brilliant job :)
Last night when Ant got back from work just after five, we decided to get the girls in the car and all go to the house to finish off the pot area.
The girls helped with raking and shoveling stones and we got it finished just after 8pm :)
Nanny's coming to the house today because the carpet guy is coming to measure up; she's going to be so happy with the progress in the garden :)