Again, I didn't do so well on my bucket list last month but it's my own fault. I kept putting off doing the curtains because I'm not really a fan of sewing! I did try and get into it, even buying a sewing machine a few years ago but it's a pain to get out and set up so I never bother!
Kaycee wants to learn how to use it though so I've promised to show her next while she's on holiday so I'm going to do the curtains as a way of showing her what to do!
Last month -
- We didn't get out at half term because the girls decided to go with Aiden to his dad's. I'm going to find somewhere we can go for the day on Mother's Day instead as both girls want to stay home that weekend. Aiden's still going to his dad's because it's his normal weekend but he'll be back at tea time on Mother's Day so I'll still get to see him :)
We did it! We went to Rufford Abbey and had a wonderful day :)
- Shorten the curtains for the living room window. I've had them over a year now and still haven't got round to shortening them!
We've got a blind up at the window but it still lets light onto the T.V. and it's sometimes hard to see it properly.
I've got some black out liners to put on the curtains when I've shortened them and hopefully we'll be able to see what's going on when it's night time on a T.V. show!
- Get the shelves put up in the girls room. We have brackets for them somewhere but I can't remember where and the girls need more storage space so I have to find them soon.
We seem to have misplaced the brackets to the shelves. I did nearly go and just buy some the other day but then realised it was stupid to spend money when we already have what we need somewhere in the house/shed/garage!
- Finish a book! Last month I wanted to finish 50 Shades of Grey but I'm afraid it hasn't help my attention, in and I started a new book, Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs, half way through the month.
I then bought a ghost story from the charity shop and couldn't wait to start that so I've now got three books on the go!
I've stuck with the ghost story and I'm enjoying it, I just haven't quite finished it.
- Make a start on the pond I'm going to make in the garden. I reckon the ground will be soft enough to start digging soon and I can't wait to get my pond :)
The only start I've made is to show Ant where I want it and he's put some hosepipe down to show a vague outline of the shape I want!
- Shorten the curtains while also showing Kaycee how to use the sewing machine. She's been inspired by the Great British Sewing Bee and made her own Apron out of an old sheet. She didn't use a pattern, she just cut it and sewed it by hand but now she wants to hem it all the way round and doesn't want to do that by hand!
- Celebrate Easter with a lovely Sunday dinner at Nanny's.
- Actually start digging the pond!
- Find the shelf brackets and get Ant to put the shelves up in the girls room.
- Be more adventurous when cooking. We tend to stick to the same things and I'm getting sick of them. If I'm going to stick with Slimming World I need to mix things up to keep it interesting.